Tuesday, July 31, 2012

More Cards!

It's so much fun when you get a chance to play.  I really needed get these done for upcoming birthdays of very dear friends.

This one was for a friend of mine at church.
This one is for a friend who live in Philly, PA so when I made this one I thought I'd made a box to put it in.  The box is not that strong but it's not being mailed so that's OK.  But it nice not to crush the flower which sits about 1" high on the card.  This one is not my original design I got the creative inspiration from a lady named Christina at card-making-magic.com You really should check her out she's amazing and shares a lot of great information.  She also has a YouTube channel.
 
The next two are similar but neither person knows the other and in fact lives in different states so I felt it was safe.  You know how us ladies are, LOL.  I also made boxes for these to protect the flowers.
Most of the shaped elements are made using Spellbinder dies, on the last two I used a Cuttlebug folder for the background and I used purchased flowers.  I made the other flowers & foliage using Spellbinders dies.  The little bit of foliage that looks like a vine I cut on my Silhouette Cameo.  I had to size it down a bit to use it on my cards and it really cut out nicely.  I was really please that it did such a good job on such small intricate pieces.

There never a shortage of birthday to make cards for so I'm getting lots of practice.  Now, I would be too embarrassed to give some one a purchased card.

So, that's it for now, next I'm working on making my first mini album.  Hopefully I'll have something to show soon.

Have a happy crafting week!

3 comments:

Mz. Lela said...

Oooh... these are so very pretty & bright! I want to give one or two of these a try one day ;-).

Ruth said...

A gorgeous set of foral cards! Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog, Ruth :)

Becky said...

All of these are stunning..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...